Here is another test knit I completed for the same gal as the first cowl of the year. This one used a brioche stitch and I'd never done that one before. I quite enjoyed it. Will definitely make another. :) Unfortunately, my socks weren't so lucky. Finished the first one and then started the second one but didn't get very far before THIS happened:
Yes, that would be the plastic coming off my cable. WTH???? And....it happened on BOTH of my circs at the same time. SERIOUSLY!!!! So I futzed with it for a bit - and then finally ripped the socks off the needles and threw them away. Those ragged edges just wreak havoc on your yarn and patience!! So here's as far as I got:
It was already a chore to cast on for the 2nd sock as I didn't really enjoy knitting the first one - and as the cuff was just a tad too long anyway (I've realized I like a shorter cuff) - I decided just to send these to the frog pond and use the yarn for something else. Sadly though - ripping out lace is harder than it looks and I ended up with a freakin' MESS!! Everything into the incinerator!! Wahhhh.....so now I have one ball left and who knows what that will end up becoming. UGH!!! May have to see if the yarn store in Vernon has more....as I love the yarn and would like to make another pair of socks with it. We'll see. Anyway - on to February....and some NEW projects on the needles!! YAY!!!!