Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter Weekend!!

Happy Easter everyone!! I hope you've all enjoyed the weekend and got to spend time with those that you love and deserve to have you in their company!! :)  We've laid pretty low around here and enjoyed a quiet weekend with my Dad who arrived on Thursday to do some "man stuff" with my boys and then we were joined on Sunday by Nancy for some brunch and a nice visit.

On Friday night I went and enjoyed a crop with the ladies and got a few images colored for future cards.





That was a fun night and it was nice to catch up with everyone and meet some new people as well! :)  It was also fun to play with my copics again as it had been far too long!!!

On Saturday, I enjoyed making art yarn with a bunch of talented women in a class taught by my GF Melissa!  It was fun and although I will certainly use a few of the techniques in my spinning - I highly doubt that art yarn will have a place in my future!!  Don't laugh at these - they're filled with techniques and obviously, color was not something I'd planned!!!


I did make my first art batt as well, which was fun....we used different fibers and threw in some sparkle, which does not show up at all in the pictures!!!  Still, in real life, it's pretty and I can't wait to spin it up.  Might try core spinning with this one to make it last!!! I'll keep you posted! :)




Clearly I need more practice with these techniques - but it sure was fun to play outside my box and try different things!! :)

On the knitting front, I finally blocked my Oaklet Shawl:

This morning I finished up my Boneyard Shawl by Stephen West but it is outside blocking so that will have to wait for a later post!  I have enough yarn left over from each of these projects that I think I'll make some fingerless gloves.  :)  Stay tuned!!

Anyway - I hope you all had a fabulous Easter Weekend!  He is risen!!!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment