Sunday, October 2, 2011

Brayden's jokes of the day.....

1.  Do you know the difference between pulled pork and pea soup??  Everyone can pull pork but not everyone can pea soup!! LOL! Get it??

2.  Why couldn't the soccer team light a fire?? Because they lost all their matches!! (*Snort). 

He's on FIRE today!!! LOL!!!

So we're just spending the day hanging out, watching football (NFL - bleck) and doing absolutely nothing.  I'm knitting and he is coloring on a great big NHL logo poster that someone gave him at school.  I'm totally impressed and I'll be sure to share it with you when it's completed.  I will be framing this one as I can't believe how patient he is and how much work he's put into it.....HOURS!!!  It looks really COOL!! We are enjoying the down time as we've had a pretty busy week leading up to the weekend.  We had hockey again yesterday and so far the teams have not been picked.  I did hear from one of the coach's wives that her hubby is trying to get Brayden on his team but who knows.  I'm not going to worry about it this year - let the chips fall where they may.  They always switch things around anyway and I end up getting all freaked out for nothing!! I'm sure wherever he lands, he'll have a great year!  :)

So ....I was involved in another test knit for a designer.  I am way ahead of the deadline on these so I was thrilled to be able to get them in early for her.  That's what having extended hockey practices will do to you - lots of ice time also equals lots of knitting time!! Whoot!! Anyway, here are my completed socks:




It's a little tough to see the beads in these but trust me, they're the perfect match to the color of the socks - which, by the way, is my own hand-dyed yarn.  It was fun to work with my own stuff - nice to see how it knits up.  I am getting low in my shop - all the fall colors are gone - so its time for me to get busy again!! I need to get more yarn! :) 

Anyway - hope you are enjoying your Sunday - enjoy the nice weather this afternoon as I think it's going to be rainy for the rest of the week!! I'm heading out to cut the grass!! Yippie!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment