Friday, April 15, 2011

Progress....

On another pair of "Test Knit" socks!


This pattern is called Gentle Breezes and is going along swimmingly!  I cannot WAIT until this weekend as I am going to have a knit fest.  I am working on my Japanese Garden Shawl and really want to make some DECENT progress on that one this weekend.  Today, I am working like a fiend as it is cut off.  I don't know why I'm even bothering as I am about a day behind as far as my quota goes.... but I'm trying to do the best I can.  This working FULL time is taking up a BIG portion of my life - I'm not sure I like it!! :( 

Anyway - looks like spring is on the way!! We start soccer tomorrow.  I am kind of excited.  I found out who our coach is today and he's a coach that knows Brayden from hockey.  He's pretty tough on his teams ...so this should be an interesting season.  He's all about "development" so I'm interested to see how he coaches.  We've never had him directly before, but I've seen him coach on the field and have seen him on the ice.  Like I say...it should be interesting!!  For those of you that came over from my personal blog - I'm sorry that I have been a little lax with the pictures of Brayden lately.  I'll get some for you tomorrow - promise.  We just haven't really been doing anything all that exciting.  Me working - him school - and Dad fencing.  FUN times!!!

Here is a picture of my yard - taken from the deck yesterday morning. 
In truth, I took it just to bug a few of my Calgarian buddies as they had a BIG dump of snow and one of my girlfriends was heading out to shovel in the morning.  I just wanted to let her know what she was missing.  I love how the grass is getting green again!! :)  Spring is on the way! 

Well, that's about it for now.  Stay tuned for some more project pics over the weekend and also some EXCITING news that I'll share with y'all on Tuesday.  Donna......shhhh....for now...it's a secret!! Have a great weekend all!! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. WHO ME TeLL A SECRET ? NEVER ..... Bawhahaha !!!!

    I do like those socks .... I could be bribed you know ! LOL !

    I do love your view .... guess the TAJ is going to have to wander down that way to see STERLING at some point and to .......................... never mind :)

    Now get back to work as you have socks waiting to be worked on !!!!

    ReplyDelete