Thursday, May 31, 2012

Between the Dentist and Soccer

So we had some time to kill today.  My tooth has been bothering me for a few days (I think this is day 4).  Usually I'll have a twinge of pain for a day or two but then it subsides.  This has been lasting for far too long and the heat/cold sensitivity is enough to drive me around the bend.  It also has been getting progressively worse and since we were heading into the weekend (read - no dental office open), I decided to see if they could squeeze me in today to see what was up.  Well, the long and short of it is a 2 1/2 hour root canal that will be done the first week of July - unless they can squeeze me in sooner.  So for now, antibiotics and Advil to take care of the inflammation.  Oye Vey!!! I just hope the temperature sensation dissapates cuz that's just a real PITA!!! :(

Anyway - we had soccer at 6:30 so with only an hour to kill, we weren't going to go all the way home.  We decided to grab a picnic supper and head to McGuire Lake for a bit.  The sun was shining so we spent an hour or so walking around the lake and enjoying our dinner.  I cast on for another shawl and we took in the sites.  So lucky to live here...it's really just sooooo beautiful.  Here's some shots of our afternoon! :)







On the crafty front - I purchased one of these today.....a Kromski Harp!  It is coming from Littleton, CO.  I cannot wait till it gets here and I really hope the gal fills out the papers correctly so that I don't have to pay duty on the sucker!! :(  She's only used it twice and I didn't get a screaming deal but cheaper than I could have purchased it buying retail.  I've had my eye on them for a while now and finally decided to take the plunge when I saw this resale come up on Ravelry.  I have some yarn already so I can't wait to give it a whirl.  I am in awe of what some of our guild ladies do, so I'm hoping to learn a few tricks.  I just like simple weaving - so hence the rigid heddle loom.  I'm not into a whole bunch of colorwork - just plain simple towels, scarves, etc.  Anyway, we'll see where this goes.  It's not like I need ANOTHER hobby - but I have wanted to try this for quite some time.  This one also comes with a built in warping board - which will be handy for warping my sock yarns before dyeing.  Who knows - perhaps I'll get into the self-striping yarns next!! They're all the rage!

Well, as always - thanks for stopping by.  I hope you've got a fun-filled weekend planned!  You know what I'll be doing!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment