Sunday, June 10, 2012

Knit Knit Knit ...and knit some more!! :)

What have I been up to you ask??? Well, knitting my fool head off!! Here's a couple of things I've been working on:

The first is a test knit for the shawl pattern Dinner in the Eiffel Tower.  I love how this one turned out.  A beautiful pattern and one I wouldn't mind doing again in a worsted weight yarn - perhaps some Cascade 220 - Superwash. 


This one took about 450 yards of yarn...approximately one skein. 

The next one is my Color Affection Shawl and this baby is HUGE!! This one took about 1100 yards of yarn or the better part of 3 skeins.  I used my own yarn that I hand dyed and just tried to pick three colors that I thought would work.  I love how it turned out - and it is HUGE!!! Tons and tons of mindless knitting on this one. 




Anyway - that's what I've been up to - knitting while it rained.  Now that we're back to some decent weather - perhaps I'll bring out my wheel and do some spinning! :)

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments:

Post a Comment