Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Coloring with distress inks - Tutorials!! :)

Here's how it's done peeps!! Grab some coffee and check out these awesome tutorials!!

1.  Distress Tutorial by Aija - StampArtic!
2.  Distress Tutorial by Camilla!
3.  Distress Tutorial by Lillemor!
4.  Distress Tutorial by Malin!
5.  Distress Tutorial by Anita!

...some tips by Michelle....

1.  If you can get the hotpressed watercolor paper it is much smoother.
2.  Go very light with the inks, it's about layering.
3.  Don't oversaturate the paper, have a light touch with the water.  If not you could get some pilling of the paper.Water works like a blender with the colors.
4.  Work fast once the paper absorbs the ink and dries it becomes hard to blend.
5.  Test out your color on scrap paper before using it.
6.  I use Versafine ink and heat set it before I start painting. I'm no expert but this is what I have learned, the hard way!!!
7.  Oh and have fun =)

....here's an idea for the perfect Distress Ink Palette by Becca Feeken!

If you'd like to have a copy of the Distress Ink Grid - here you go:

Tim Holtz Distress Ink Color Chart Grid

Hope you can find some helpful stuff with these tutorials....I'm sure there's lots more out there - but I thought these ones were awesome!!  I really enjoy "painting" with the distress inks.  I'll never give up my copics of course - but this is just another fun way to work with the wonderful images at our disposal!!

Thanks for stopping by!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the tips Lisa! I still need to pick up some of the watercolour paper in town!

    ReplyDelete