Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Nancy!!

Good morning all!! Just wanted to take a moment to wish my stepmom, Nancy, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Looking forward to celebrating with you later today and throughout the rest of the weekend!!!!  Hope this is the bestest birthday EVER!! :)

On another note, here's my Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater...... another finished object to add to the pile! :)  I love how this one turned out.  I thought the yarn might be a little rough when I first started as it is wool, however, it was just fine and softened up nicely once I had given it a good soak.  Isn't it cute??


Oh...and I should add that the yarn I dyed last week turned out just a little too green for my liking, so this morning I have overdyed it with some blue to tone it down a bit.  I am anxious to see how it turned out.  Its cooling right now but looks like I still might have a bit of a varigated effect.  I can't wait to see how it turns out when its dry!! I'll keep you posted.

One of the knitting video podcasts that I watch regularly has a weekly "Quickie Knit".  Every week its a different item and they are usually really quick knits made specifically to be completed within the week.  This week I decided to participate as I've always wanted to make one of these little amigurumi characters to see if I'd like them.  Anyway, I thought this guy turned out kinda cute...he's a hamster.  I am going to give him to my neice this afternoon cuz she's into this stuff and well....I just love her!! :)

Here's his little feet and his tail......tee hee...
Hope you're all having a great weekend!!!   Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment