Sunday, May 29, 2011

Continuing on....

Okay - well as this week is cutoff and I am WAY behind on my quota...I haven't been able to spend as much time knitting as I'd like but I have made a little progress on a couple of items, so I thought I'd share!

First, here is my Mystery Summer Shawl from Wendy Knits.  I'm working on Clue #3 now - which is the big one.  She released this one just before Memorial Day (holiday in the States) so that we'd have all weekend to work on it.  Sadly, there's no holiday here so I'll be behind...but that's okay.  I'm in no rush to keep up with the others anyway!!

The second item I also have on the needles is another mystery shawl.  All four clues to this one have been release and I think I have until the 10th of June to get it finished.  It's called the Mystery Medallion Shawl by Jen Hansen.  Almost through the 3rd clue right now ....and here she is:


This is also the yarn that I had originally dyed that turned out a little too green for my liking (remember that first skein a few posts ago).  I overdyed it with some blue and this was the result.  Still a little bright - but much more tolerable.  I was going for that verigated look, so mission accomplished!! :)  Anyway - this is a really lovely yarn to work with, so I'll be trying some in the dyepots again after the end of the month (cut off) when I'll have a little more time without the pressure of my quota looming over me. 

So yesterday Brayden and I had quite the day.  We started out at soccer in the morning.  The Navy Recruits won AGAIN.....they haven't lost a game yet this year.  My little Pele scored 2 goals - he so anxiously wanted to call Grandpa last night to tell him but alas, he couldn't find the phone.  (Um, it was in the charger - doh!!).  Anyway, I had dropped him off at soccer and ran to do a couple errands.  I had visited the bank and whilst waiting for my transaction to wrap up, I was scratching lottery tickets.  In my excitement of actually scratching a $2 winner....I proceeded to leave the ATM lobby - leaving my bank card in the machine!! What a putz!!!  I discovered the error a few minutes later, but by the time I'd circled back to the bank, alas...my card was gone!!! GRRR!! Anyway, a nice Salmonarmian reported it to my bank, so the card has now been cancelled and I'm screwed until Monday.  Good thing I had taken out some cash or I'd have been really HOOPED!!! So yesterday proved to be a much cheaper day than had originally been anticipated. 

After the soccer game, Brayden and I headed out to the Mt. Ida hall where our local Spinners and Weavers guild were having a Back to Back event.  This is where a team of seven shear a sheep in the morning - the ladies spend all day spinning the fiber and a couple ladies knit...and by the end of the day they have a sweater.  (From the back of the sheep to the back of the human - Back to Back event - get it???) Anyway - we watched that process for a while and then we headed off to Carlin Elementary School for a Farmers Market.  This was a HUGE event - cars were lined up for miles.  I was actually QUITE surprised at the turnout.  My friend Lori (from Kamloops) was there with her Scentsy business and my friend Peggy was there with her scrapbook store.  Peggy also organized the event and was THRILLED with the reception.  It was PACKED!!!  There was a huge playground for the kids with carnival games and bouncy castles, etc.  M & M's was on hand with food - they even ran out of hotdogs if you can believe it.  There were tons of vendors and lots of great stuff to check out....even a HUGE garage sale in the gym.  We stayed for a couple hours visiting with the girls and then came home - spending the afternoon in our jammies hanging at home (well, I worked - Brayden hung out).  Great day overall!!  

Anyway - not much on the agenda this week.  Brayden will head to Sunnybrae Bible Camp for a field trip with the school and I'll be at home working and hoping to get a few things in the dyepots next week.  On a sad note - the store that I just bought my wheel from in Kamloops announced that she is closing at the end of August.  (*sigh).  Too bad as we just lost the yarn store in Vernon too!!  I'm sure it won't be long before another store opens up...I'll keep my ear to the ground. 

Hope you're all having  a great weekend and enjoying the sunshine that FINALLY showed up today.  I'm looking forward to having lunch on the deck!! :)  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment