Sunday, July 31, 2011

Exhausted......

from all the yarny goodness and the hangover of a FABULOUS summit!! Yes, sadly Sock Summit 2011 is over for me for this year but what an amazing time!! Seriously ...life changing!!! I had a great time in my one hour lectures on Saturday and yesterday's class with Mary Scott Huff was AMAZING!!!! I honestly wasn't even looking forward to the class as I thought I would HATE colorwork.  Still, it was something I had not tried before, so I wanted to take it and see if I could do it.  Not only can I do it...I LOVED it!!!!  I am working on a cute pair of socks right now and I'll be sure to post when I am done.  Yesterday before I had to be in class, the girls and I took the train to downtown Portland for the Saturday market.  All I can say is WOW!!!  There was so much eye candy there.  Hundreds of booths with such amazing artisans...truely good for the soul.  I was a little rushed so I couldn't see it all, but what I did see made me happy, happy, happy.  Lots of great work.  Today, we are heading to the beach (2.5 hours away) and then to some outlet stores to do a little more shopping.  :)  It has been an AWESOME time so far ....I can't believe its almost time to come home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment