Saturday, July 2, 2011

Let the tour begin!!!

Well, as you probably know...the Tour De France starts this morning!! You know....the bike race!  So what does that mean to the fiber community???  Well, for us....it's the Tour De FLEECE....and that means SPINNING!!!!!  .....Yes, for each day of the tour...we have to spin.  We have all joined teams (I'm on two) and we will spin for each day of the race.   We have a couple of rest days as commonplace for the racers and a "challenge" day as well.  We have all set pre-goals and will spend the next couple of weeks spinning our little hearts out.  Wheel, spindle, trindle...it doesn't matter - as long as you're spinning!   :) 

I have chosen to start with this bit of lovliness:
...and here is what it looked like after I unwound the braid:

Now sadly I don't know enough about spinning to worry about keeping the colors all separated and frankly, I could care less.  I just want a nice blend anyway, so I'll just spin and then ply and see what I come up with.  I'll keep you posted along the way so that you can check my progress.  Sadly, the spinning will be delayed this morning (slow start) as I am off to the optomitrist and then I will be coming home to work for a few hours.  I can only hope that this weather keeps up and I can do some spinning on the deck this afternoon/evening.  Hopefully by then, the mosquitos will have figured that summer is here and they can head elsewhere.  :)  Have a great day - hope its gorgeous where you are too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment