Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Spinning....

Well, they say...if you're gonna spin...you should do a little each day - even 20 minutes is good!!  Ah...but that's not so easy.  This week I am going to make a conscious effort to spin a little everyday.  I am getting better and my yarn is turning out a little bit more even.  It definitely is getting easier.  Here was my very first bobbin - the night I got my wheel: 
You can see that there are lots of areas with overtwist (see those piggy tail looking bits) and lots of areas that are undertwisted (see the fuzzy bits).  Not so good, but okay for a beginner.  Then I let my wheel sit for a few weeks without touching it.  These last few days I've been trying to spin again.....and I must say - although there still are some thick and thin areas...it is getting better:
I think consistency will be the key!!! I'll keep practicing!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment